Ma’an News agency is part of the Ma’an Network, a non-governmental organization media network, and it claims to be one of the largest wire services in the Palestinian territories. As a non-governmental news outlet, you might expect it to be more reasonable than, say, Shehab News, which is Hamas-affiliated.
I say this as an introduction to the following video put out by Ma’an. It is a tourism film for Palestine.
Note who hardly gets mentioned or shown in the film, and what Palestine encompasses.
And this is how you get to the film from the Ma’an news site:
Again, this is not Hamas. This is a non-governmental news agency, which claims to be one of the largest in the palestinian territories. And now we know what they consider to be these “palestinian territories.”
According to NGO monitor, these are Ma’an’s funding sources:
- According to its 2014 financial statement, received funding from Denmark, Sweden, United States, Catholic Relief Services, Save the Children, and others. 2014 total revenue of $2,318,646 (accessed October 19, 2015).
- According to its website, “MNA was launched with generous funding from the Danish Representative Office to the Palestinian Authority (PA) and the Netherlands Representative Office to the PA.”
- Received a 2014 project grant of $56,000 from the Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law Secretariat (joint funding from Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark and the Netherlands).
- Received a 2011 grant of €288,290 from the EU, under the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR) framework, for a project, aimed at “improving press freedom, access to information and awareness of human rights issues in the oPt.”
- Previously received funding from the Netherlands, UK, EU, US, UNESCO, UNDP, and the Arab Human Rights Fund.
Are they aware that Ma’an is of the view that Palestine is the entire land of Israel and thus clearly desire Israel’s destruction? I assume at least some of them are…and couldn’ care less.