Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib’s Shameful Lie-Fest
In case you missed it, congresswomen Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib hosted a press conference yesterday, to speak about their banning from Israel. As expected, it was an Israel bashing-fest, replete with lies.
Here are my observations watching this:
- Omar and Tlaib have been careful to include some “as-a-Jews” in their circus, in a transparent attempt to immunize against valid accusations of antisemitism.
- Omar claims she had planned to travel to “Israel and Palestine.” Yet the itinerary of their trip never once mentions the word “Israel.”
- Omar claims she was going to meet with many people so she could be “more informed”, including with “members of the Knesset,” “Israeli security”, and “former IDF soldiers.” Yet the itinerary once again betrays this as a lie; if she were to meet with MKs, they would surely be Arab list members or at least those working against Israel; former IDF soldiers would most certainly be members of the anti-Israel Breaking the Silence (Tlaib betrays that fact in her diatribe); as for Israeli security officials, I call BS too – there is no mention of this on the itinerary and it does fit their agenda.
- Omar implies they were banned because they are Muslim. Again, another inflammatory lie.
- Omar claims the Israeli government is trying to deport Omar Shakir of HRW because he is anti-occupation. This is also false – he is not being deported, his work visa is not being renewed, and that is because he supports BDS.
- Omar makes out like she is “pro-peace.” Yet BDS is clearly for the destruction of the state of Israel.
- Omar blames Trump for “othering” the Jewish community, yet this is exactly what Omar, Tlaib and company are doing to the “wrong types” of Jews – those who support Israel as the Jewish homeland (the majority of world Jewry).
- Tlaib’s crying is not only not Oscar-worthy, it looks even fake for a Hallmark movie. Who is she fooling? (besides fools)
- Tlaib speaking about “some issues” with Miftah, the organization that was to host their trip and has been outed as spreading an antisemitic blood libel, is reminiscent of her friend Omar’s infamous “some people did something” comment
- Lana Barkawi speaks of the “peaceful” BDS movement. But we know better.
- Amber Harris, folks:
On August 5, 2014, Harris promoted a double blood libel, that the Israeli military tortures Palestinian children to death in prison and then harvests their organs.
On April 14, 2013, Harris promoted an anti-Israel zoological conspiracy theorythat “Israel sent wild hogs and hyenas into the fields” of Palestinian farmers: “[t]he hyenas attacked the farmers and their children and the hogs destroyed their crops. The farmers who killed the hogs then cannot eat them because they are Muslim. So they lose all of their crops for food and livelihood to kill an animal they cannot even eat.” She added, “our tax dollar probably helped fund those pigs and hyenas.”
Referencing Israel’s response to Hamas’ rocket fire after absorbing 100 rockets in 24 hours, Harris added: “… how is it a war when one side doesnt [sic.] have an airforce, military tanks, drones, bombs, an iron dome, but only rockets while the other is raining all these powerful military devices?”