1. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
2. Better the crap you know then the crap you don’t
3. Because I’m not actually into politics but my parents voted for them and told me to do the same.
B. Blue and White
5. I wanna vote for a Likud that isn’t run by Bibi
6. I really don’t wanna vote an actual left wing party but I also think the right wing has moved too far to the right and I am socially liberal but value KL’s security savvy and don’t wanna compromise on that.
7. I wanna vote for a party that didn’t keep wielding his political influence to dissolve coalitions but also isn’t that left wing but also won’t suck up to the Haredim.
8. I’m a radical centrist
9. Because I’m not actually into politics but my parents voted for them and told me to do the same.
C. Israel Beiteinu
10. I’m right wing but don’t want to vote for a party that sucks up to the Haredim, and do want to vote for a party that stands up for a secular right wing state with strong security. So this is the only choice I’ve got.
11. I admire that he won’t give in to external pressure and stood his ground.
12. Because I hate both Haredim and Arabs, and/or don’t want a party that is beholden to either.
13. Потому что это то, что мы делаем.
14. Потому что я на самом деле не в политике, но мои родители проголосовали за них и сказали мне сделать то же самое.
15. I want an actual right wing party that actually has the chance at passing the threshold.
16. Bennet and Shaked are right wing without causing a ruckus and are pretty tame but have courage in their convictions. They’re team players who can cooperate with a wide variety of people towards a common goal.
17. They are friendly to religious people but not run by religious people who don’t even believe in the State of Israel and want to force their version of religious observance on everyone.
18. The Likud is too left. Otzma is too extreme.
19. Ayelet Shaked ❤️❤️❤️❤️😍
20. Because I’m not actually into politics but my parents voted for them and told me to do the same.
21. Because I’m Sephardi and they’re the only party that speaks directly for me.
22. Because we’ve been oppressed by Ashkenazim long enough, time to take back what’s ours and grow our voice.
23. Because Rav Ovadia would have wanted me to.
24. Because I’m Sephardi Haredi and my Rosh Yeshiva/Kollel told me to do so, and he has ruach hakodesh/knows way more than me.
25. Because Rav Ovadia/The Baba Sali/My Safta came to me in a dream and urged me to vote Shas to cleanse my soul this Elul/ because it is a segulah for ______.
26. Because I’m not actually into politics but my parents voted for them and told me to do the same.
F. Yahadut HaTorah (UTJ)
27. Because I’m haredi and my Rebbe/Rosh Yeshiva told me to do so and he knows everything / is connected to HaShem and knows what He wants.
28. We must keep Israel Jewish at all costs, even if it means becoming a halachic State.
29. The most important thing is that Israel remains a Jewish state and BzH becomes a halachic State. That’s the only way the mashiach will come!
30. I am a yeshiva/kollel talmid and I benefit from this.
31. It is the only way to bring the MALCHUS and the MASHIACH
32. I wish we could turn back the clock to before 1977 when I was young and the spirits were high and life was simple!
33. I miss socialism. Israel has gotten too neoliberal and needs to go back to its roots.
34. Kahol Lavan is too right wing and Meretz is too left wing. Gotta choose the middle way. Buddha, not the Rambam.
35. I am a strong zionist but my socially liberal views are extremely important to me, and this party is the only way I could reconcile the two.
36. I still believe in a REAL two-state solution, land for peace, but not too much land for peace / in pieces.
37. I’ve always been a labour zionist since the 1960s (or earlier) and that’s not about to change now! (Kind of like the stubborn Jewish labour voters in the UK without the ignoring antisemitism).
38. I miss the good old days when mizrachim and religious people knew there place, and we were in charge.
39. Because I’m not actually into politics but my parents voted for them and told me to do the same.
H. Meretz/Democratic Camp/Ehud Barak et al.
40. Socially liberal policies mean everything to me. The rest will work itself out.
41. I’m an SJW.
42. I’m sick and tired of neoliberalism and neoconservatism and Bibi’s Republican economic policies and Labour and Kahol Lavan aren’t vocally against those policies enough.
43. I want a left wing party with the guts to actually propose and enact change. So not labour.
44. Because I’m in university and my professor/dean told me to and he knows everything, or at least a lot more than me! He studied this stuff his whole life and is far smarter so I must defer to him.
45. Israel should not be a Jewish state, rather it should be for everyone equally, especially anyone who needs a refuge. Believing otherwise is racist.
46. Because I am a communist but my parents would kill me if I voted for an Arab party, so this is my compromise.
47. Zionism is overrated.
48. Because I’m not actually into politics but my parents voted for them and told me to do the same.
49. Because my parents told me not to vote for them hehehe.
I. Joint Arab List
50. I’m an arab and they’re the only party that actually speaks for me
51. Because I am a communist and want Hadash representation.
52. Allahu akbar!!
53. Because I’m not actually into politics but my parents voted for them and told me to do the same.
J. Otzma Yehudit
54. I want to remain ideologically pure no matter what. I refuse to compromise and vote for a party I don’t wholeheartedly believe in.
55. Every vote counts and all it takes is enough people like me to vote to cross the threshold
56. I am sick of the wimpy attitude our government has had so far towards terrorists and infiltrators and think we need to show more koach/ power to stop this sh*t.
57. Israel is a Jewish ZIONIST State and we must do whatever it takes to keep it this way, even if it’s not pretty.
58. Allahu Akbar but Jewish.
59. Because I’m not actually into politics but my parents voted for them and told me to do the same.
K. Pirate Party.
60. Because everybody sucks so I’ll just vote for the party with the best slogan. (״כולנו באותה סירה, והכל אותו שייט״)
[It’s only funny (punny) if you know Hebrew. But I’ll try – we are all in the same boat, and it’s all the same שייט, which is used as slang for the common English curse word, but actually means sailboat in proper Hebrew.]
Which type of Israeli voter were you?