Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- The Good Stuff From Yom Hazikaron and Yom Ha’atzmaut - April 26, 2015
- Alls Well That Ends Well: Ben Gurion Emergency Over - April 21, 2015
- Yom Ha’atzmaut Israeli Independence Day Air Force Fly Past And Aerobatics Show - April 20, 2015
- And You Shall Name Him Brian! - April 19, 2015
- Made In Judea Samaria, The Heartland Of Jewish Israel - April 17, 2015
Elder has posted a Christmas Card from Mohammad Shtayyeh, a member of the Central Committee of Fatah.
What better example of the created Palestinian identity with this piece of identity theft! For centuries, at least back as far as the middle ages, Jews have ended the Passover service with “Next Year in Jerusalem”. The standard prayer book has also contained a similar exultation.
Perhaps a reader can tell me exactly how long Jews have been yearning (in preserved written form) for “Next Year in Jerusalem” and then tell me when was the first time a “Palestinian” wrote “Next year in liberated Palestine”?
Update: From Elder of Zion via email comes this online link to a 1723 Haggadah. I’m sure we’ll find earlier.