Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Confirmed: “Critical Technological Assessment In Israel” Nuclear Report Release Not Blocked By Israel - March 29, 2015
- Sincerest Form Of Flattery Moment: UK Government Copies The IDF’s Talpiot Scheme - March 26, 2015
- Muhammad Zoabi Forgave Bibi Habibi In Person - March 24, 2015
- App Of The Day: Via Is Not Just A Road In Rome - March 24, 2015
- App Of The Day: Parking Polly Electrified Me - March 23, 2015
Ted Belman has posted a great piece at Israpundit listing all the things the British did to thwart the creation of the Jewish state of Israel in 1948.
It’s a very long list. Here are just the section headings, read the full piece for the details. Israpundit » Blog Archive » British Efforts Against the Nascent Israeli State.
Britain Refused to transfer any functions to Jewish authorities, even after terminating the Mandate.
Seeds of Arab hostility to Israel & British Policy
The Sudden Appearance in 1919 of a militant Arab “movement.”
The Balfour Declaration in Palestine is to be treated “as extremely confidential and is on no account for any publication”
The measures to prevent Jewish reconstruction slowly tightened
The central and most effective, weapon in the British armoury was the control of immigration
If the Jews could proclaim a state, the Arab population might well make peace with it, and the British presence would come to an end
British Troops prevented from controlling Arab violence
The British White Paper was was rejected as inconsistent with the Mandate by the League of Nations, but the League of Nations was dying
The British Government later destroyed records of it’s Palestine Government
British Collusion and the Arab apathy to the Mufti’s Incitement
The British Creation of the Arab League to serve as the mouthpiece of a British sponsored Pan-Arab dream
A Jewish Homeland with a Jewish Majority was an obstacle