Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Reuters Claim Israeli Police Throwing Rocks At Israeli Forces (Updated) - October 7, 2015
- Matt Lee’s Targeted Strike Makes Waves - October 7, 2015
- New Israel Fund’s Amiram Goldblum Knows Who The Real Terrorists Are - October 6, 2015
- BBC Just Can’t Stop Hating Jew - October 6, 2015
- WATCH: State Department Can’t Live Up To The Standards It Sets For Israel (Updated) - October 5, 2015
What would you say if Israel issued the following statement after bombing a building that Al Aqsa TV (Hamas’s propaganda arm) shared with the rest of the world’s media:
‘This is a war, this is a serious conflict, untold horrors are being done. The propaganda machine is prolonging the war and it’s a legitimate target.’
Well Israel didn’t issue such a statement. That statement came from the UK’s Secretary of State for International Development in 1999, Clare Short, and referred to the bombing of a Serbian TV stations that was described by the Guardian:
Reporters at the scene said they saw the almost decapitated body of one man dangling from the rubble, and the body of a make-up artist. Another man was trapped between two concrete blocks. Doctors amputated his legs at the site but he later died.
I’m sure the make-up artist posed and especially dangerous threat.
You can read the article in the Guardian that this all comes from here.
Probably worth bearing in mind before you read the breathless NYT condemnation from start to finish of Israel’s unbelievably delicate targeting of the equipment and operatives of Hamas’s Al Aqsa TV. Here’s a link to Elder of Zion’s takedown of the New York Times article.
Big h/t to Mark Jacobs on twitter.tweet [Post updated 27/11/2012 to correct error with Clare Short’s position]