Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- Highly Disturbing: Brazen Support Of ISIS In Jerusalem? (Updated) - April 28, 2015
- Watch: Remarkable Footage One Month After Six Day War - April 27, 2015
- Israel’s Reaction To Nepal And Appalling Reactions To Israel - April 27, 2015
- MUST WATCH: Even UN Television Cannot Deny The Truth About Israel’s Humanity! - April 24, 2015
- Shaul Mofaz, Time Traveler or Shape-Shifting Reptile? - April 24, 2015
Mel Brooks is en route to taking over Broadway.
The Jewish funnyman revealed in an interview yesterday that a Broadway adaption of his 1974 Western comedy, “Blazing Saddles,” is in the works.
“Well ‘Blazing Saddles’ is almost there. I get the feeling that if I could find the time to write three or four more songs, it could be a bold and crazy musical,” Brooks told The Wrap.
Brooks, 86, said he has no intentions of retiring any time soon, and has hinted in previous interviews that he’s working on a “Blazing Saddles” show. Last year, Brooks told Broadway Worldhe was “thinking” about it.
“A lot of it is musical already. It has a rather fanciful and fantastic tone to it. and now that Django Unchained has literally used the N word, I think I’m in the clear. I don’t look so bad. He really used that word a lot,” he noted.
I’d see a Blazing Saddles Broadway show in a heartbeat. But I’d rather method acting was not employed for this scene.