Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- The Demise Of Knife Man - October 12, 2015
- MUST WATCH: Palestinians Answer Question “Is Stabbing Israelis Heroic?” - October 12, 2015
- Latest Blood Libel: Shot Through The Heart, Guess Who’s To Blame Edition - October 11, 2015
- Palestinian Bombing Attempt Followed by Lying Attempt - October 11, 2015
- MUST WATCH: This Is How The Palestinians Raise Their Children - October 11, 2015
Mel Brooks is en route to taking over Broadway.
The Jewish funnyman revealed in an interview yesterday that a Broadway adaption of his 1974 Western comedy, “Blazing Saddles,” is in the works.
“Well ‘Blazing Saddles’ is almost there. I get the feeling that if I could find the time to write three or four more songs, it could be a bold and crazy musical,” Brooks told The Wrap.
Brooks, 86, said he has no intentions of retiring any time soon, and has hinted in previous interviews that he’s working on a “Blazing Saddles” show. Last year, Brooks told Broadway Worldhe was “thinking” about it.
“A lot of it is musical already. It has a rather fanciful and fantastic tone to it. and now that Django Unchained has literally used the N word, I think I’m in the clear. I don’t look so bad. He really used that word a lot,” he noted.
I’d see a Blazing Saddles Broadway show in a heartbeat. But I’d rather method acting was not employed for this scene.