Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Confirmed: “Critical Technological Assessment In Israel” Nuclear Report Release Not Blocked By Israel - March 29, 2015
- Sincerest Form Of Flattery Moment: UK Government Copies The IDF’s Talpiot Scheme - March 26, 2015
- Muhammad Zoabi Forgave Bibi Habibi In Person - March 24, 2015
- App Of The Day: Via Is Not Just A Road In Rome - March 24, 2015
- App Of The Day: Parking Polly Electrified Me - March 23, 2015
Another journalist beheading video has been released. The Times of Israel reports the following:
In the video distributed Tuesday and entitled “A Second Message to America,” Sotloff appears in a similar jumpsuit before he is beheaded by an Islamic State fighter.
“Obama, your foreign policy of intervention in Iraq was supposed to be for preservation of American lives and interests, so why is it that I am paying the price of your interference with my life?” Sotloff said in the video.
The video then cuts to the militant who makes a statement saying that as long as US missiles “continue to strike our people, our knife will continue to strike the necks of your people.”
Hey The Times of Israel can we not agree that people who video themselves hacking the heads off journalists can, in all cases, be called terrorists instead of the wishy-washy-maybe-they-have-a-just-cause term “militant” or even worse… “fighter”?
This could be a case of the AP feed into The Times of Israel not being edited thoroughly enough…. we’ll see if they change it. But after this week’s revelations on AP, why is anybody still using them for Middle East stories?
Update 22:06: ToI have quickly (but silently) changed “militant” to terrorist. Good. As I suspected this is probably an AP problem.