Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Eurovision Is Back And Israellycool Is On The Case! - May 19, 2015
- The Pope, A Journalist And A Terrorist Walk Into A Bar With An Interpreter (Updated) - May 18, 2015
- Pope: “I Am Converting To Islam” – Associated Press - May 17, 2015
- When Immigrants Are Welcomed - May 15, 2015
- Podcast Feels Like A Duck Or A Llama - May 15, 2015
Another journalist beheading video has been released. The Times of Israel reports the following:
In the video distributed Tuesday and entitled “A Second Message to America,” Sotloff appears in a similar jumpsuit before he is beheaded by an Islamic State fighter.
“Obama, your foreign policy of intervention in Iraq was supposed to be for preservation of American lives and interests, so why is it that I am paying the price of your interference with my life?” Sotloff said in the video.
The video then cuts to the militant who makes a statement saying that as long as US missiles “continue to strike our people, our knife will continue to strike the necks of your people.”
Hey The Times of Israel can we not agree that people who video themselves hacking the heads off journalists can, in all cases, be called terrorists instead of the wishy-washy-maybe-they-have-a-just-cause term “militant” or even worse… “fighter”?
This could be a case of the AP feed into The Times of Israel not being edited thoroughly enough…. we’ll see if they change it. But after this week’s revelations on AP, why is anybody still using them for Middle East stories?
Update 22:06: ToI have quickly (but silently) changed “militant” to terrorist. Good. As I suspected this is probably an AP problem.