Ryan’s Simple Checklist For Colonizers And Imperialists
- Did you force your language on other peoples?
- Did you force your religion on others?
- Did you claim and subsume others sacred sites?
- Do you deny indigenous people the right to self-determination on land that you conquered?
- Did you conquer a large percentage of the known world?
- Are you an asshat?
If you answered yes to more than one of these questions, chances are good that you are in fact a member of a colonialist imperialist people. The short version is did you take someone elses stuff and claim it as your own?
“Dear Al Jazeera,
Please remember that you are arabs, and not just arabs but muslim arabs, part of the worst group of colonisers and imperialists that ever roamed the earth being asshats. You subsumed or conducted genocides on all the indigenous people of the middle east, forced your language, customs and religions on peoples as varied as the Persians, Kurds, Amazigh and Yezidis, and I am not even gonna go into how you treated the Jews. So yes while I think that colonialism needs to be talked about honestly and openly, I hardly think Qatari or Saudi apologists are the ones to do it.
absolutely no regards
an Indian who knows better”