Latest posts by Challah Hu Akbar (see all)
- Challah Hu Akbar Is Going Home - February 14, 2012
- Israel Arrests Another Terrorist Released in Shalit Deal - February 13, 2012
- Israeli Embassies Targeted in Terror Attacks in Georgia and India - February 13, 2012
- Palestinian Authority Blocks Access To Another Website - February 12, 2012
- Head Of Islamic Jihad: Palestinians Must Further The Path Of Jihad & Resistance - February 10, 2012
The other day I said that I was certain that Mahmoud Abbas had ordered the hacking and shutting down of InLightPress, a website that has run a number of stories critical of the Palestinian Authority President.
InLightPress says that the attack on its website was “treacherous barbarism.” In addition, it states the the attack on the site’s servers was done by professionals. Further, InLightPress says that the attack was a “blatant attack on freedom of opinion and expression.”
In addition, they say that they believe that “the attack came from the Palestinian Authority with the approval of President Abbas.” InLightPress says that they have learned from sources in Ramallah that Mahmoud Abbas set up a “crisis cell” headed by Sabri Saydam, former Palestinian minister for technology, to carry out the attack.
According to InLightPress, the Palestinian Authority has denied that it was involved in the attack. However, InLightPress says that it plans to collect evidence and launch a formal suit.