Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- Bing Translation Fail Of The Day - May 4, 2015
- The Terrorist Wars - May 4, 2015
- Separated At Birth: Not So Precious Edition - May 4, 2015
- Israellycool’s Alexandra Interviewed on The Voice of Israel - May 3, 2015
- Blumen Fail: Max Blumenthal’s Web Address Still Advertising Israeli Company - May 3, 2015
With all my posts on antisemitism today, I feel the need to bring you a more positive post on one of the “good guys”: actress Marlene Dietrich
By 1937 the pressure for Marlene to return to Germany was increasing, the Third Reich was running newspaper reports telling her to return to Germany and stop allowing herself to be the tool of Hollywood’s Jews. Marlene made the decision to become an American citizen and cut all ties with Germany, thus allowing her to continue her career.
She was reportedly offered money to return to her homeland of Germany but refused saying she would return only when one of her Jewish friends could accompany her.
During World War II Marlene joined the Allied forces and performed in hundreds of shows overseas in North Africa and Europe, entertaining Allied troops at the front. During these shows Marlene sang the favourites, ‘Lili Marleen’, ‘Boys in the Backroom’, and ‘Falling in Love Again’ and also played the musical saw.
She was also a supporter of Israel.