Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- Introducing the Israellycool E-Blast - September 1, 2015
- Shirley Temper And Brother Follow The Script - August 31, 2015
- WATCH: Pro Palestinian Admits Shirley Temper Is A Fraud - August 30, 2015
- Israellycool And Readers Get Shirley Temper’s Name Splashed Across Daily Mail (Updated) - August 29, 2015
- Separated At Birth: The Importance of Being Ernest Edition - August 28, 2015
Can you spot anything offensive about this Israeli ad starring Seinfeld alumnae Julia Louis-Dreyfus?
Me neither, but some Israelis have.
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, best known for her role as Elaine in “Seinfeld” and as vice president in HBO’s “Veep”, is making Israeli headlines after starring in Israel’s YES satellite television company commercial.
In the commercial, Louis-Dreyfus assumes a woman in her elevator is pregnant, and spends the rest of the commercial coming up with solutions of how to rectify her mistake. The commercial ends with her saying, “made a mistake? Just fix it!” and viewers are told how they can switch to YES satellite if they still have cable.
The bit provides lots of laughs, but Israeli women are not too happy about how silly she makes women look.
Na’mat, Israel’s women’s organization had their chairwoman Galit Wolloch complaining to Israel’s Channel 2, and took to Facebook to write how insulting and condescending the commercial’s message is, Haaretz noted.
“I call for a stop to this rude and insulting ad, which is running in prime time on commercial television,” she wrote in Hebrew, saying the placement of an attractive woman near a heavier one appearing to be pregnant offends “hundreds of thousands of women across the country.”
Israelis being politically correct?
The weather report from Hell just came back – it’s cold, with a chance of ice.