Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Dodge Brothers Star Commercial - September 2, 2015
- Chris Gunness Has More To Worry About Than UN Watch’s Funding - September 1, 2015
- Shirley Temper Is Real And Really Dangerous - August 30, 2015
- Israellycool Blocked And Unblocked By EE In The UK - August 26, 2015
- WATCH: Three Jewish Girls Breaking Hearts Across Arab World - August 25, 2015
Yesterday I posted about a new job opportunity trying to find some way for the UK to cash in on Israel’s good fortune in finding oil and gas.
It wasn’t so long ago that the UK was one of the world’s largest non-Arab sources of oil. And guess what happened when Israel asked the UK for a long term deal to buy oil direct in the late 70’s.
Here’s the Foreign and Commonwealth Office memo (from user @EquusontheBusses on Twitter):
So basically it’s the same answer that Chamberlain gave in the minutes I cited yesterday:
*Prime Minister : “If we must offend one side let us offend the Jews rather than the Arabs.” (author’s italics).
What a bunch of wan***s.
UK/Israel Joint Committee: October 1978North Sea Oil for Israel
Ostensibly, the Israelis seek a regular UK supply, under some sort of long-term commitment, in order to diversify their sources: they envisage the UK as their third largest source after Iran and Mexico. But North Sea Oil is not particularly suited to Israeli needs, and the Israelis must realise that, in the event of a further crisis in the Middle East, the UK would find it extremely difficult to continue supplies, in view of the Arab reaction which would certainly be adverse and could seriously damage us commercially and politically.