Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- Introducing the Israellycool E-Blast - September 1, 2015
- Shirley Temper And Brother Follow The Script - August 31, 2015
- WATCH: Pro Palestinian Admits Shirley Temper Is A Fraud - August 30, 2015
- Israellycool And Readers Get Shirley Temper’s Name Splashed Across Daily Mail (Updated) - August 29, 2015
- Separated At Birth: The Importance of Being Ernest Edition - August 28, 2015
Being an advocate for Israel does not mean I am blind to Israel’s faults. In fact, as someone who loves Israel as much as I do, I strive to help advance Israeli society.
Opponents of Israel point out her faults with the view to de-legitimize her place among the nations.
The bogus apartheid allegations – which we have repeatedly demonstrated to be utter nonsense – is one example.
The pointing out of racism in Israeli society is another.
Just like in every other country in the world, racism and prejudice exists. Not rampant, but troubling enough to cause the Israeli government to release the following advertisement (I added the English captions)
Now I am sure the Israel haters will be posting this video as proof Israeli racism exists. But I posit the advert’s very existence does more to underline how unacceptable racism in Israel is, rather than to point out it is a bigger problem than anywhere else.
Not only that, but would an “apartheid state” release such an advertisement that shows discrimination against Arabs is unacceptable?
And do you see any Arab state or the Palestinian Authority releasing such advertisements targeting discrimination against Jews (and in the case of Arab states, against palestinians?)
I would also just add that in 13+ years of living in Israel, I have never witnessed any such discrimination (in fact, the opposite), and the advertisement seems a bit exaggerated. But I get fully behind its message and purpose.