Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Confirmed: “Critical Technological Assessment In Israel” Nuclear Report Release Not Blocked By Israel - March 29, 2015
- Sincerest Form Of Flattery Moment: UK Government Copies The IDF’s Talpiot Scheme - March 26, 2015
- Muhammad Zoabi Forgave Bibi Habibi In Person - March 24, 2015
- App Of The Day: Via Is Not Just A Road In Rome - March 24, 2015
- App Of The Day: Parking Polly Electrified Me - March 23, 2015
A former neighbour of Anne Frank has remembered she has some marbles that Anne gave her before going into hiding. It’s just occurred to her that other people might want to see these!
From our friend Dana in Holland:
This article is in Dutch but apparently some marbles belonging to Anne Frank have been recovered. Anne gave them to a neighbor for safe keeping before going into hiding. The neighbor, now 83 years old is quoted in the article as saying, “For me they were just a few marbles, for decades they just sat in the closet, taken out only sometimes for the grandchildren. I never thought they would be so valuable to the Anne Frank house.”
And there you have the typical Dutch attitude, not understanding how precious ANYTHING belonging to Anne Frank is, particularly since they have photos of Anne playing with the marbles near her Amsterdam home.
The marbles are part of an exhibition on the Second World War that is in Rotterdam that the King will visit today.