Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- The Science Is In …. Pink - August 3, 2015
- Giving Israellycool The Attention It Deserves On Facebook - July 30, 2015
- Happy Story From Israel About An African Lion - July 30, 2015
- WATCH: Flying Below Sea Level Above The Dead Sea - July 26, 2015
- WATCH: Stop Iran Rally In NYC Drew Huge Crowds - July 23, 2015
A former neighbour of Anne Frank has remembered she has some marbles that Anne gave her before going into hiding. It’s just occurred to her that other people might want to see these!
From our friend Dana in Holland:
This article is in Dutch but apparently some marbles belonging to Anne Frank have been recovered. Anne gave them to a neighbor for safe keeping before going into hiding. The neighbor, now 83 years old is quoted in the article as saying, “For me they were just a few marbles, for decades they just sat in the closet, taken out only sometimes for the grandchildren. I never thought they would be so valuable to the Anne Frank house.”
And there you have the typical Dutch attitude, not understanding how precious ANYTHING belonging to Anne Frank is, particularly since they have photos of Anne playing with the marbles near her Amsterdam home.
The marbles are part of an exhibition on the Second World War that is in Rotterdam that the King will visit today.