A number of groups who try to persuade people to not come to Israel now find themselves not able to come to Israel.
Funnily enough, they are not happy about it.
Rights groups on Sunday slammed the Israeli government for publishing a blacklist of BDS groups whose members will be banned from entering the country, saying Israel was trying to coerce opponents of the occupation, including US Jews, into silence.
The list, containing 20 organizations from around the world, was published earlier by the Strategic Affairs Ministry which said Israel was justified in preventing entry to members of Boycott, Divest and Sanction proponents who aim to harm the country.
Jewish Voice for Peace, the only Jewish group on the list, responded to the ban in an opinion piece by its executive director Rebecca Vilkomerson, published on the Haartez website.
“The public naming of JVP on this list is significant,” Vilkomerson wrote. “Clearly, the Israeli government is very aware that increasing numbers of Jews and all people worldwide support the BDS movement, and are seeking to intimidate and coerce us into silence.”
Along with other rights groups, Vilkomerson warned that the ban could have far-reaching implications for Palestinians living in the West Bank or abroad.
“Palestinians from the West Bank, Gaza, East Jerusalem or abroad who are married to Israeli citizens, for example, may be forced between not traveling abroad at all or finding themselves in exile when they attempt to return,” she wrote. “Those who want to enter Israel for medical treatment or family reunification may find it impossible.”
Let’s just stop there for a second. Why is this BDS-hole ok with someone entering Israel for medical treatment??
Adalah, an Israeli organization providing legal aid for Arabs, warned that the ban will restrict family visits and family unification for Palestinians in the West Bank.
Yet they did not seem too concerned about trying to cause hundreds of palestinians to lose their jobs by promoting the boycott of Sodastream.
In other words, these boycotters are monumental hypocrites. But we knew that already.
By the way, here’s the full blacklist:
• AFSC (American Friends Service Committee)
• AMP (American Muslims for Palestine)
• Code Pink
• JVP (Jewish Voice for Peace)
• NSJP (National Students for Justice in Palestine)
• USCPR (US Campaign for Palestinian Rights)
• AFPS (The Association France Palestine Solidarité)
• BDS France
• BDS Italy
• ECCP (The European Coordination of Committees and Associations for Palestine)
• FOA (Friends of al-Aqsa)
• IPSC (Ireland Palestine Solidarity Campaign)
• Norgeׂׂ Palestinakomitee (The Palestine Committee of Norway)
• PGS Palestinagrupperna i Sverige (Palestine Solidarity Association in Sweden)
• PSC (Palestine Solidarity Campaign)
• War on Want
• BDS Kampagne
• BDS Chile
• BDS South Africa
• BNC (BDS National Committee)