- Bloggers are invited to submit one ”pro-Israel” entry. An entry can be a blog post, podcast, or video.
- The first 80 valid entries will be accepted in to the contest. An entry is deemed valid if:
– It’s focus is on pro-Israel hasbara
– It was submitted by the blogger himself/herself and not by some other party
– It was posted for the first time no earlier than 1 month ago
– The submission is posted in the comments to this post in the following format:
Title of Blog
Title of Post
URL of Post
Pro-Israel Celebrities http://www.israellycool.com/2010/09/06/pro-israel-celebrities/
– The blogger has inserted the following badge in their sidebar:
Make sure the image links to: http://www.israellycool.com/pro-israel-blog-off-2011/
- The first round will last for 16 weeks, during which time n submissions will go head-to-head in a “blog-off”each week. (e.g. If there are 80 submissions, 5 submissions will go to head-to-head each week).
- During each weekly blog-off, I will post links to the submissions, and readers will then have the week to vote for the best. In addition, members of our judging panel will assign to them a score out of 100. The criteria is: Originality, relevance, accuracy, likely effectiveness in influencing public opinion on Israel
- The final score of each submission will be determined as follows:
(35% weighing x % votes received) + (65% weighting x average judges’ score)
- The submission with the highest score will be deemed the winner of the head-to-head contest, and will proceed to the next round.
- After 16 weeks, 16 round one winners will have been determined, and the second round will commence.
- The bloggers who make it to the second round now have a week to submit a new pro-Israel entry.
- The second round will consist of 8 weeks, during which time 2 submissions will go head-to-head in a “blog-off”each week, with the 8 winning submissions making it through the third round/quarter finals.
- The bloggers who make it to the third round/quarter finals now have a week to submit a new pro-Israel entry.
- The process continues until we have 4 submissions facing off in the fourth round/semi finals,and then two in the finals round.
- The winning submission wins an Apple iPad, courtesy of Honest Reporting.