Gawd Awful Gaddafi
Which of the following did Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi not say in his rambling speech to the UN General Assembly yesterday?
- “Jack Ruby, an Israeli, killed Lee Harvey Oswald..Why did this Israeli kill Harvey? Ruby later died mysteriously. The whole world should know that Kennedy wanted to investigate the actions of the Israeli nuclear reactor in Dimona.”
- “You [the Europeans] are the ones that brought on them [the Jews] the Holocaust. We gave them havens during the Spanish Inquistion. We are not enemies of the Jews. The Jews will one day need the Arabs, and then the Arabs will give them protection.”
- “The Ariel Sharon and Yasser Arafat generation is over. Look at the Palestinian and Israeli youth; they want to live under one state.”
- “The solution [to the Arab-Israeli conflict] is a democratic state without religious fanaticism. Everybody should live in peace. Isratine, Isratine is the solution.”
- “Perhaps, this Swine Virus was maybe is one of those viruses that was created in the laboratory and it got out of control because it was meant to be from the beginning as a military weapon….”
- “It should not be called the Security Council. It should be called the terror council.”
- “How can we be happy about the world security if the world is controlled by four or five powers? We are just like a decor.”
- ”I’m jet-lagged.”
The answer is of course ‘None of the above.’
Meanwhile, it looks like Gaddafi’s antics even started to grate the nerves of fellow Libyan Ali Abdussalam Treki, President of the sixty-fourth session of the UN General Assembly, after initially amusing him.