For some time now Dave has been running the popular game show “Anti-Zionist not Antisemite”. I don’t think he’s found a genuine Anti-Zionist who could rightfully claim to harbour no antisemitic views (or Jew hating views as I prefer to say).
Which means we can put the following meticulous research in the box of things we’re not surprised to see backed up by very hard data
The main findings from the Amcha Initiative:
- Campus antisemitism is highly prevalent in public and private schools with significant Jewish undergraduate populations, irrespective of school size.
- Strong correlation between anti-Zionist student groups such as Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) and antisemitism.
- Strong correlation between the presence of faculty who have expressed public support for an academic boycott of Israel and antisemitism.
- BDS activity strongly correlates with antisemitic activity.
- Presence of SJP, faculty boycotters and BDS strong predictors of antisemitism.
- Anti-Zionism permeates and is inseparable from contemporary campus antisemitism.
The Antisemitic Activity in 2015 at U.S. Colleges and Universities With the Largest Jewish Undergraduate Populations Report investigated antisemitic activity over the last year on more than 100 public and private colleges and universities with the largest Jewish undergraduate populations. Unlike previous studies, which assessed levels of campus antisemitism by measuring student attitudes and subjective reports, the current study assessed antisemitic activity by focusing on verifiable incidents compiled from media accounts and eyewitness reports. The report serves as the first empirical study of its kind providing objective confirmation of student reports of widespread antisemitism, as well as evidence that the primary agents of antisemitic activity are anti-Zionist students and faculty boycotters and that Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) is the strongest predictor of anti-Jewish hostility on campus.
When examining the data, three different kinds of activity were distinguished: Antisemitic Expression, Targeting Jewish Students and BDS Activity.
So if there is anti-Israel activity on a campus it will be accompanied by Jew hatred. And that’s backed by a meticulously footnoted and researched 23 page report. Read it all if you don’t believe me.