According to multiple news sources, Interpol has decided to admit the Palestinian Authority to its organization. Yes, the Palestinian Authority known in its previous incarnation as the Palestine Liberation Organization under the leadership of Mahmoud Abbas (mastermind and financial backer of the Munich Olympics massacre and more terror attacks than can be mentioned here).
There are many ways to take this news. One could cry. One could sink into hopeless depression. One could wonder whether their insanity is contagious, or one could laugh.
I have always chosen laughter. Laughter and faith. And so, to offer some moral equivalencies to the Interpol decision, the following realities are about as likely and logical as the Interpol decision:
- Israel’s largest milk producer has appointed Maru the Cat to oversee milk production.
- Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream manufacturers have asked Feival Mousekewitz to be in charge of their latest flavors, which include “Kaffiyah Coffee Sludge” and “Nutty Decisions”.
- The European Banking Association has ruled that banks must cease using safes to store cash reserves as this frustrates thieves needlessly.
- Police in several countries have been asked to refrain from chasing criminals as this is found to seriously depress those seeking to escape.
- Following suit, the US government has proposed legislation to cancel the background checks for gun purchasers. In future, each person seeking to purchase a gun will be required to sign a piece of papers that states that they have no intention to murder anyone.
- The United Nations has passed a resolution calling for Syria to be placed in charge of their Peacekeeping forces and Saudi Arabia is to head the latest committee on Women’s rights.
- The International Atomic Energy Agency has passed a resolution putting Iran in charge of inspecting nuclear power plants.
And as I write these, the thought comes to mind that the biggest joke of all is the one that I started with.
According to Interpol’s website, their “role is to enable police around the world to work together to make the world a safer place. Our high-tech infrastructure of technical and operational support helps meet the growing challenges of fighting crime in the 21st century”.
How can cooperating with one of the world’s most terror-oriented organizations make the world a safer place? How can sharing sensitive terror-related intelligence reports help meet the “growing challenges of fighting crime.” This is an organization that regularly sanctions the murders of Israelis, including innocent children. Major world leaders must personally call the leaders of the Palestinian Authority to force them to issue the most banal condemnations of horrific massacres.
How…how in God’s name do you think people will be safer by sharing this information with an organization that regularly incites, funds, arms and directs endless armies of terrorists?
As much as we can laugh at the jokes above, the greatest joke of all was played by Interpol this morning and the ones laughing hardest are the Palestinians.