Afghanistan’s Ariana News reports something currently not being reported outside of Afghanistan:
The statement said that funds will be given to the United Nations Palestinian refugee agency.
It comes as Afghanistan’s Foreign Minister Salahuddin Rabbani met with Pierre Krahenbuhl, the commissioner-general of United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East at the 46th Session of the Council of Foreign Ministers of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation in UAE.
Thanking Rabbani for his country’s assistance to Palestinian people, Pierre Krahenbuhl said that the funds will be spent on education of the Palestinian refugees.
The provided $1 million money was transferred to UN bank account through Afghan embassy in Turkey, the statement noted.
The announcement comes after the United States halted all funding to the agency last year.
Afghanistan is one of the poorest countries in the world and is way worse off than the “West Bank” and Gaza.
Afghanistan’s GDP per capita (PPP) is $1972, while the “West Bank” and Gaza’s is over double, at $4885. And Afghanistan receives more in foreign aid than the palestinians, with the US providing $5.7 billion of it in 2017.
Which begs the following questions:
- Why is Afghanistan sending aid to UNRWA if they can’t even feed their own people?
- Is Afghanistan actually using some of the aid it receives to pass on to the palestinians?
- How can UNRWA in good conscience accept their money?
- If this is going to be spent on education for the “refugees”, what exactly will be taught to them? (and will it include Jew hatred?)
- Will the US penalize Afghanistan for sending aid to UNRWA, given the amount of aid they receive and the US’ stance on UNRWA?
This is truly ridiculous.
Hat tip: Tommy