Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Walking And Talking With Murray Greenfield - April 28, 2015
- The Good Stuff From Yom Hazikaron and Yom Ha’atzmaut - April 26, 2015
- Alls Well That Ends Well: Ben Gurion Emergency Over - April 21, 2015
- Yom Ha’atzmaut Israeli Independence Day Air Force Fly Past And Aerobatics Show - April 20, 2015
- And You Shall Name Him Brian! - April 19, 2015
They just can’t help it can they! The BBC have updated their Olympics 2012 page on Israel. But they haven’t made it any better.
Previously they stated the size of Israel was 22,072 km² (screen cap on the right).
Now they’re telling us the size of Israel is 22,072 km² (screen cap on the left). What’s the difference? We are now informed that this number is the work of the “Israeli Central Bureau of Statistics” and includes “Jerusalem and Golan”.
BBC, you got a problem with that?
Update: A commentator on a social media site points out:
They’re both wrong. Israel is 27.951 km² Judea and Samaria are two regions that are part of Israel, as much as the Jew-haters out there want to pretend that they aren’t.