Simple Answers to Basic Questions
A couple of days ago, Osama bin Laden or someone purporting to be him (depending on whether you subscribe to the “He’s alive” or “He’s dead, Jim” school of thought) released an audio message endorsing the failed attempt to blow up a US airliner on Christmas Day, and threatened more attacks against the US “as long as [their] support for the Israelis continues.”
I was planning on responding to the claim that Al Qaeda’s attacks on the US are the result of US support for Israel, but then I saw that former terrorist and present day Islamic reformer Tawfik Hamid has already done the job.
A one minute audio message from Osama Bin Laden directed at U.S. President Barack Obama released recently through the al-Jazeera television network says the Christmas Day attempted bombing of a Detroit-bound jetliner was part of al-Qaida’s campaign against U.S. interests. Osama bin Laden not only claimed responsibility for the failed attempt to bomb the Detroit-bound airliner on Christmas, but also threatened more attacks on the United States.
As usual, Bin Laden tried to use the Arab-Israeli conflict to justify the barbarism of Al-Qaeda and the Taliban.
Some of Bin laden’s statements in this audiotape are below:
“The message delivered to you through the plane of the heroic warrior Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab was a confirmation of the previous messages sent by the heroes of Sept. 11”
“America will never dream of security unless we will have it in reality in Palestine,” he added.
“God willing, our raids on you will continue as long as your support for the Israelis continues.”
“It is unfair that Americans enjoy their life while our brothers in Gaza live miserably.”
Irrespective if analysts doubt whether bin Laden was involved in the planning of the Detroit bombing attempt or not, Bin Laden and other Al-Qaeda and Taliban members must be asked the following questions:
1. Is exploding market places, mosques, and funerals of fellow Muslims and butchering them in such inhumane ways by Al-Qaeda and its affiliates also because of the “Palestinian Suffering”?
2. Is the barbaric treatment of women and burning schools for girls to prevent them from getting an education as Al-Qaeda and the Taliban are already doing in Afghanistan, also due to the “oppression of Palestinians in Gaza”?
3. Why does Al-Qaeda not attack the Hamas organization as the Palestinians “suffer” predominantly as a consequence of its decision to attack Israeli civilians and to reject the requests of the international community for peace negotiations?
4. Was destroying the 2,000-year-old Buddhist masterpieces in the central province of Bamiyan – including the world’s tallest standing Buddha measuring 50 meters (165 feet) – in Afghanistan in March 2001, also because of the so-called “Israeli oppression of the Palestinians”?
5. Are people like Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab and those who did the attack of Sep 11 who intentionally attacked unarmed innocent women, elders, and children true heroes – – as he mentioned – or barbarians who deserve nothing but disrespect and scorn from the entire world?
6. Why is Al-Qaeda only caring for “Palestinian suffering” and they do not show the same level of care for the suffering of their fellow Muslims in Darfur as well? Are Muslims in Darfur in their view “sub-humans”?
7. If they (Al Qaeda and the Taliban) truly care so much for the suffering of their fellow Muslims (as they claim), then why do they not stop attacking civilians in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq to stop the suffering of the Muslim orphans and widows who mainly suffer because of their attacks on civilians as part of their “Jihad” to enter the paradise?
8. Is the barbaric stoning of women until death in public places for committing adultery (as the Taliban and other Islamic countries practice and Sharia Law actually promotes until today) also the result of the “Palestinian suffering” in Gaza?
We just need a simple answer for these basic questions!