Today, there was a debate in the House of Lords on the “rise of antisemitism worldwide.”
One of those actually contributing to this rise in antisemitism, “Jihad” Jenny Tonge, decided it was a a good idea to speak on the topic.
Spoiler alert: it wasn’t.
- Comparing herself to (Jewish) hero Daniel in the lion’s den
- Saying Jeremy Corbyn is not antisemitic (followed by an absolutely priceless expression on some guy’s face)
- Admitting Corbyn and her both have a tendency to not express themselves in the right way (no sh*t Sherlock!)
- Talking about how stories of the Holocaust “haunted” her childhood (which makes her posting this even more reprehensible)
- Expressing her disappointment the discussion was about antisemitism, rather than a rise in hatred generally
- Suggesting Israel’s actions lead to a rise in antisemitism
- “What is now called the Jewish state” – as if this label is a new thing
- Complaining she is falsely accused of being an antisemite, making herself the victim
- Adamantly insisting she is not a Jew hater
- Some of her best friends are Jewish. Yes, she seriously went there.
For Tonge to stand there and insist she is not antisemitic is the ultimate in chutzpah.