Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Eurovision Is Back And Israellycool Is On The Case! - May 19, 2015
- The Pope, A Journalist And A Terrorist Walk Into A Bar With An Interpreter (Updated) - May 18, 2015
- Pope: “I Am Converting To Islam” – Associated Press - May 17, 2015
- When Immigrants Are Welcomed - May 15, 2015
- Podcast Feels Like A Duck Or A Llama - May 15, 2015
My latest piece on owning a Better Place car has come out at Green Car Reports. It’s a stat heavy piece on my first 100 days of owning the car.
I’ve analysed my use of the car by keeping a record of my daily km’s. It’s quite instructive especially the part of how many km’s per day I generally travel. My driving patterns have changed since getting the car: I’m definitely driving more. This is partly because the car is so nice to drive and also because it now makes financial sense to use the car. I’ve pre-paid for 20,000 km per year and I get nothing back if I don’t drive them all!
So I’m averaging just under the 55km per day to hit that target.
Also, as expected, home charging accounts for the majority of my energy needs. I’ve switched on longer journeys but this amounts to a few times a month so the distance I travel between switches is very similar to the distance travelled by petrol cars between fill ups.
And the bottom line is, the car is saving me money and it’s fun, comfortable and fast.
So let me just wish all of you a Shana Tova and hope that you all have much sweetness in the new year.