Latest posts by Judge Dan (see all)
- Haaretz’s Story On Mandžukić Tattoo Appears Straight Out Of Lazy Journalism Textbook - April 16, 2015
- Tornado Strikes US, Palestinians Gloat - April 11, 2015
- One Of These Is Not Like The Other - February 19, 2015
- Fake Gazan Civilian Watch: Izzat Really A Journalist? - December 25, 2014
- Merry Christmas And A Happy New Fail - December 24, 2014
Let the BDS crowd go ape:
Israeli President Shimon Peres will meet Thursday evening with the president of FC Barcelona, one of Spain’s biggest soccer club, at the Kfar Maccabiah Hotel in Ramat Gan to discuss a new project aimed at restoring piece between Israelis and Palestinians through sport.
The talk will take place as FC Barcelona soccer players, including player Lionel Messi, prepare to play an exhibition game against an Israeli team composed of both Jewish and Muslim players on July 31, a game that organizers hope will be broadcast worldwide.
“Barca wants to make a modest contribution to build bridges of understanding and harmony between the Israeli and Palestinian people through sports and education,” said FC Barcelona President Sandro Rosell in a statement Wednesday according to Yedioth Achronot. “This is the president’s vision, which the Peres Center for Peace is based on, and such a move could promote peace,” an aide to President Peres said. During the Thursday meeting Peres will receive a Barca shirt with the Spanish caption “Peres No. 1.”
So an exhibition game to promote co-existence, how bad could this be in the eyes of anti-Israel BDSers?
— Noa S(@pizandbooby) February 21, 2013
— Aurelio de Paz (@AureliodePaz) February 20, 2013
This should get interesting, we’ll keep an eye out for developments.