Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- Shirley Temper Is Real And Really Dangerous - August 30, 2015
- Israellycool Blocked And Unblocked By EE In The UK - August 26, 2015
- WATCH: Three Jewish Girls Breaking Hearts Across Arab World - August 25, 2015
- This Day In History: Hebron Massacre (Of Jews) - August 24, 2015
- Great News! Israeli Mangoes On Sale In UK - August 23, 2015
It looks like higher forces have intervened in the argument over whether Israel should be supplying Gaza with electricity while fighting a war against it’s rulers.
A rocket fired from Gaza hit electricity infrastructure in Israel that supplied power to Gaza, cutting power to about 70,000 people in Gaza.
— IDF (@IDFSpokesperson) July 13, 2014
Well at least this time the pictures of Gazans sitting in the dark will be real, unlike this staged photo op with an obvious sunlight window covered (poorly) by a blind.
Update via Muqata:
Update: PM Netanyahu spoke with Israel Electric Company (IEC) head Yiftach Ron-Tal, and told him he should not risk the lives of any electric company employees to fix the power lines.
As a result, the IEC has made a decision to fix the power cables, but not at this moment, as with the rockets flying down, its too dangerous to send workers there. When it is safer, they will go there and fix the problem.
I’d say it would be safe to go and fix the wires about one year after Hamas fires it’s last rocket. What say you?