Latest posts by Brian of London (see all)
- BBC Bowen Is Playing The Jew Hatred Card - March 4, 2015
- Who Was Filming This Turkish Airlines Crash In Nepal - March 4, 2015
- Netanyahu Speaks To Congress - March 3, 2015
- Watch: Humiliation By Standing Ovation - March 3, 2015
- Who Do You Think Wrote This About Netanyahu’s Speech To Congress? - March 3, 2015
It looks like higher forces have intervened in the argument over whether Israel should be supplying Gaza with electricity while fighting a war against it’s rulers.
A rocket fired from Gaza hit electricity infrastructure in Israel that supplied power to Gaza, cutting power to about 70,000 people in Gaza.
— IDF (@IDFSpokesperson) July 13, 2014
Well at least this time the pictures of Gazans sitting in the dark will be real, unlike this staged photo op with an obvious sunlight window covered (poorly) by a blind.
Update via Muqata:
Update: PM Netanyahu spoke with Israel Electric Company (IEC) head Yiftach Ron-Tal, and told him he should not risk the lives of any electric company employees to fix the power lines.
As a result, the IEC has made a decision to fix the power cables, but not at this moment, as with the rockets flying down, its too dangerous to send workers there. When it is safer, they will go there and fix the problem.
I’d say it would be safe to go and fix the wires about one year after Hamas fires it’s last rocket. What say you?