Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- Israellycool And Readers Get Shirley Temper’s Name Splashed Across Daily Mail (Updated) - August 29, 2015
- Separated At Birth: The Importance of Being Ernest Edition - August 28, 2015
- Follow-Up To Mel Gibson-At-Israeli-Film-Festival Story - August 27, 2015
- Responding To Some Antisemitic Monkey Business - August 27, 2015
- WATCH: Spongewashing - August 26, 2015
Today, in the course of the regular inspection of its premises, UNRWA discovered rockets hidden in a vacant school in the Gaza Strip. As soon as the rockets were discovered, UNRWA staff were withdrawn from the premises, and so we are unable to confirm the precise number of rockets. The school is situated between two other UNRWA schools that currently each accommodate 1,500 internally displaced persons.
UNRWA strongly and unequivocally condemns the group or groups responsible for this flagrant violation of the inviolability of its premises under international law.
The Agency immediately informed the relevant parties and is pursuing all possible measures for the removal of the objects in order to preserve the safety and security of the school. UNRWA will launch a comprehensive investigation into the circumstances surrounding this incident.
UNRWA has reinforced and continues to implement its robust procedures to maintain the neutrality of all its premises, including a strict no-weapons policy and regular inspections of its installations, to ensure they are only used for humanitarian purposes.
Palestinian civilians in Gaza rely on UNRWA to provide humanitarian assistance and shelter. At all times, and especially during escalations of violence, the sanctity and integrity of UN installations must be respected.
I wonder if these are the same weapons Hamas removed from the previous school?