Note that this analysis eliminates duplicated names found, and delineates those whose age or gender was not identified, in order to make the analysis as accurate as possible.
I have also added two new graphs comparing the casualties for each demographic category with their percentage of the Gaza population as a whole.
What this analysis indicates even more clearly than the previous two is how even those numbers provided by the Gaza Health Ministry do not support claims that Israel is targeting civilians or indiscriminately killing them, and do support IDF claims that we are trying to pinpoint the terrorists. How else do you explain:
- The highest demographic category of those killed being young males of fighting age (18-28) – 32% (73% x 44%)
- Over 42% of those killed have been males of age 18-38 (i.e including others who could very well be combatants)
- When compared to the overall population of Gaza, a disproportionately high percentage of young to middle age males have been killed
- Despite comprising approximately 50% of the population, the percentage of women killed is 21%.
- Despite comprising approximately 50% of the population, the percentage of children under 14 killed is 15%.
Bear in mind also that some of these casualties were likely not killed by Israeli strikes (e.g. killed by Hamas’ rockets landing in their own territory, or killed as “collaborators”).
Please consider a donation. Besides the work we do - which includes scoops, exposing the haters and posting original and entertaining content - this blog takes up not just a lot of time but also money. Your support is appreciated.