Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
Last week, Israel-hating Norwegian Doctor Mads Gilbert (yes, this one) appeared on BBC HARDTalk.
As expected, his answers consisted of lies, more lies, and some support of terrorism thrown in for good measure.
To save you having to be subjected to the entire thing, here are the “highlights”
- 1:40 – he claims all the patients at Shifa hospital have been civilians. Which is simply not the case. He expects us to believe he would turn away a patient who happened to be a combatant?
- 7:30 – he claims he is not aware of terrorists operating out of Shifa hospital. Which I find hard to believe since a reporter confirmed a part of the hospital only “a few meters from the emergency room” is used as administration” by a band of young fighters.” Leaving aside the rockets clearly being fired from right there.
- 8:18 – he supports the palestinian “right to resist occupation”, and then tries to backtrack when questioned on this support of terrorism by the interviewer
- 9:00 – he claims everyone condemns Hamas’ use of civilian infrastructure to fire rockets (a lie), and then proceeds to claim this is “not the big picture” (but it is)
- 9:27 – when faced with accusations a Hamas command center is beneath Shifa hospital, he places the onus of proof on Israel, and states he has not seen it with his own eyes. But notice he does not deny it. But does not deny it. He then proceeds to state the false “where else can they go?” lie.
- 13:00 – when it is pointed out to him that Israel left Gaza in 2005 and there was no “siege,” he claims the siege was imposed as collective punishment for electing Hamas. This is patently false: Israel largely sealed their border crossings with Gaza, after Hamas forced Fatah out and it was clear no-one was providing security from Gaza. We sealed our border crossing with Gaza after rocket attacks on Israel.
- 14:50 – when told not all palestinians support rocket attacks on Israel, he indicates he does support such attacks.
- 16:35 – he claims it is Israel always breaking the ceasefires
- 22:25 – when confronted with his previous statements supporting the September 11 terrorist attacks, he says he has denounced the interview (but not his answers!). He then proceeds to condemn the US.