Alan Parsons Proud to be Speaking at Anti-BDS Event
But to see him post this to promote an anti-BDS event is still extremely satisfying.
The post links to this event:
DEFENDING ARTISTIC EXPRESSION
Sunday, October 29, 2017 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Wilshire Boulevard Temple (WBT) and Israel Bonds in association with Liberate Art will bring high profile artists from music, television and film together to have an impactful conversation about the issues surrounding the cultural boycott campaign against Israel.
Sadly, anti-Semitism is on the rise across the globe. Politically motivated groups and individuals are clamoring for a boycott of Israel in entertainment and the arts; impacting not just Israel, but freedom of artistic expression itself. The event will educate the audience on the current issues and how they can make a difference.
Present participants include:
- Lana Melman (moderator), counter boycott expert & CEO of Liberate Art
- Alan Parsons, Musician/Producer (11 Grammy nominations, Former Pink Floyd engineer)
- Mark Pellegrino, Actor (The Big Lebowski, Lost, Dexter, Supernatural)
- Ken Hertz, Entertainment Attorney (Will Smith, Gwen Stefani, The Black Eyed Peas, Keith Richards)
- David Zucker, Writer/Director/Producer (Airplane!, Naked Gun, Scary Movies)
- Guy Erez, Israeli Musician (Alan Parsons Project bassist)
For information, contact Reesa Rotman, email@example.com, (424) 208-8932
Besides Alan, note Israellycool friend and occasional contributor Mark Pellegrino is also participating.
I know if I lived in California, I would definitely attend. If you do, go here to register.