My recent post on pro-Israel advocate Hananya Naftali, who is on record speaking about his mission to get Jews to believe in Jesus, has predictably generated some heated discussion. And unfortunately, much of it has to do with a twisting of my words.
Hence this post to make things really clear.
- I LOVE Christian supporters of Israel, who I see as allies in our war of good against evil.
- I actually feel more of a brotherhood with Christian supporters of Israel who genuinely love Israel and the Jewish people without strings attached, than I do for my coreligionists who are working towards undermining us and towards the destruction of the Jewish state of Israel.
- While as a Jew, I reject the notion of Jesus as messiah, I fully respect the Christian faith for Christians when it means being a good person, treating others kindly, doing good deeds and believing in one god.
- If as a Christian your support for Israel and the Jewish people is predicated on the belief Jews need to convert to Christianity or otherwise believe in Jesus as the messiah, then in this case, I would rather not have your support.
- If you work towards that goal, game on! I won’t rest to call out those doing so
- Otherwise, we are allies and you have my full support and respect
I hope this clears up any misconceptions.