WATCH: South Korean Who Grew Up Here Explains Ten Things He Most Loves About Israel
Dorian Kim is a South Korean YouTuber with almost 5,000 subscribers, who grew up in Israel (he even did university here). In this video, he explains (in Hebrew) the ten things he loves about Israel – a place he says he loves as much as South Korea.
Note I do not have time to translate the entire video (if anyone does, please let me know). But watching Dorian do his thing in Hebrew – even for a minute or two – is sure to put a smile on your face.
For those that did not understand the Hebrew, the ten things Dorian most loves about Israel are:
- The diversity and chaos in Israel brought on by people of different languages and religions
- Israeli food, such as hummus, falafel, shwarma, and burekas
- Shabbat and the Jewish festivals, which involve families spending time together
- The Hebrew language
- The openness of people in Israel
- His friends
- The love he receives as a Korean in Israel
- Life in Israel, which is meaningful
- The weather
- Drivers stopping at pedestrian crossings