Latest posts by Aussie Dave (see all)
- After Terror Attacks In Old City, Palestinians Party Like It’s 1999 - October 4, 2015
- Bon Jovi Stands By Israel And Help Us Keep The Faith - October 4, 2015
- More Deplorable Reactions To The Murder Of The Henkins - October 3, 2015
- Terror In Jerusalem: Two Jews Murdered, Along With The Truth - October 3, 2015
- Roger Waters Disgraces Himself With Attack On Bon Jovi - October 2, 2015
Following the UCLA divestment vote a few days ago, the anti-Israel brigade has undertaken a campaign of cyber-bullying against someone they believe voted against the resolution.
Led by Ali Abumination’s Electronic Intifada. Naturally.
On Wednesday morning, following nearly ten hours of impassioned public statements, the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) undergraduate student government voted 7 to 5 against a resolution to divest student tuition funds from a handful of US companies that profit from Israel’s brutal occupation in Palestine.
Though the ballot was secret to protect the safety of Undergraduate Students Association Council (USAC) members concerned about threats from those who disagree with them, two straw polls taken earlier in the night reveal who voted which way.
And much like the nation’s warped political system, it appears the Israel lobby helped influence at least one vote, that of USAC general representative Sunny Singh.
Besides, the ridiculousness of their “point” – of course someone who has been to Israel and seen what is really going on would make up their mind to vote on a resolution borne in ignorance and/or antisemitism – note how Electronic Intifada and their amplifiers have engaged in this nasty campaign against an individual, despite acknowledging the ballot was secret due to safety concerns.
Which is fitting when you think about it. The very cause they support places the purported rights of a certain people over the safety of another.