Throughout Brexit and the rise of Trump I watched a lot of videos by Paul Joseph Watson on YouTube that constantly made a lot of good points many of which I agreed with. He’s especially scathing about the kinds of Social Justice Warriors who invariably support BDS against Israel and the “Palestinian cause”.
However, as with everyone else on the web, I don’t agree with everything he’s ever said. But one particular video of Paul’s, from the height of the Gaza war in 2014 called “Israel is only defending itself”, stuck out like a sore thumb. The main problem was that back in 2014 Paul, like many others, was wedded to mostly main stream sources that lie and lie by omission all the time about Israel.
So I made this video for him.
I have no idea if he’ll watch, but if he does I hope he understands the tone. 2014 was a long time ago:
- Media manipulation against Trump and Brexit in the UK hadn’t been easily spotted by so many people;
- Many people still trusted news sources like BBC, CNN and Sky (and the news wires AP, Reuters etc);
- Al Jazeera was awful from the start;
- Russia Today has been hugely negative on Israel for years too;
- The mass Islamic migration to Europe hadn’t really caught anybody’s attention;
- ISIS (merely the latest brand name for relentless jihad) hadn’t arisen;
- The consequences of the Syrian civil war and the rest of the Arab Spring weren’t so obvious;
- Islamic terrorism on the streets of Europe hadn’t become a weekly occurrence;
- Suicide bombs, car jihad, knife jihad, shooting jihad, all familiar to Israelis, were still something that happened only to Israelis because of where we lived.
If you’re a regular here at Israellycool and across the Israel blogosphere, you know how massively manipulated the news about Israel is. The entire phenomenon of “Pallywood” was pointed out over a decade ago and I gave a whole speech based on the deep corruption I saw at Associated Press TV News (APTN) in 2003. You know about the massive amount of Fake News about Israel that gets spread far and wide. You know how much the far-left and people like Linda Sarsour
But many outside of Israel are fed a constant diet of negative news on Israel. Positive stories just don’t show up and context is invariably dropped. That’s the backdrop to why I believe so many people hold negative views on Israel.
Here are some of the important links needed to back this video up:
Richard Landes films “According to Palestinian Sources” is essential. I’ve put definitive copies on YouTube which you can play in the following playlist:
There is a ton of stuff on Concentration Camp Gaza.
I make reference to an appearance I made on i24 News in 2014.
Alex Jones’s little snippet about not hating Israel came out of this clip he released recently.
The video above was cut down from something much longer: tell me in the comments if you think the longer version would be interesting too.
Please help ensure Israellycool can keep going,
by donating one time or monthly