BDS Founder Omar Barghouti’s Latest Whoppers
A few weeks ago, antisemite and terror supporter Hatem Bazian interviewed Omar Barghouti, co-founder of the BDS Movement.
You can see the entire thing here, but I wanted to draw your attention to some of the most egregious lies and examples of hypocrisy on display.
- Barghouti claims recent polls show a huge growth in support for palestinian rights and even BDS, with an absolute majority of the US public supporting BDS:
While support for palestinians among the US public has grown over the years, it is not by any stretch “huge growth.”
As for BDS, most Americans have not even heard of it, and of those who have heard it, only around 26% support it.
2. Barghouti admits BDS can result in palestinian workers losing their jobs, but – wait for it – this is ok because they were forced to take these jobs anyway. All palestinians working for Israelis would have been farmers had it not been for Israel:
How ridiculous to believe all palestinians would be successful farmers if not for Israel! As for his claim even the palestinian workers in Israeli businesses support BDS, that is bollocks.
3. Barghouti calls the countries that entered into normalization agreements with Israel – like the UAE and Bahrain – “the most authoritarian police states in the area, possibly the world.” Besides being a lie, it is almost comical, given he has not one bad word to say about Hamas!
Note also how he claims the only reason these countries normalized relations with Israel was to get benefits from the US, where the Zionist lobby holds sway. He even mentions the “Jewish” Zionist lobby, letting down his antisemitism guard around his fellow Jew-hater interviewing him.
If that wasn’t enough, he claims an outright majority of people in these countries oppose the normalization agreements. This is yet another provable lie. For instance, in November 2020, a Zogby poll found that 56% of the residents of the UAE support the normalization agreements between Israel and the Arab world.
4. Barghouti speaks about the importance of boycotting Israeli academic institutions “due to their complicity in Israel’s violations of palestinian rights.”
This coming from the guy with a degree from Tel Aviv University.
5. Barghouti characterizes the First Intifada as “predominantly non-violent.”
Anyone who has even seen photos from the First Intifada will be able to discern the lie here.
6. Barghouti claims the IHRA working definition of antisemitism is just a response to the fact the BDS movement was investigated and found to categorically not be antisemitic:
Anyone following my work knows that BDS is extremely antisemitic, and invariably those who support it really do hate Jews.
Note also how he repeats the lie that antisemitism mostly comes from White supremacists. Nope, it mostly comes from the Left.
7. Barghouti claims the BDS movement takes no position when it comes to one states vs two states:
Yet he is on record as supporting no state of Israel.
— StandWithUs (@StandWithUs) June 1, 2020