Latest posts by Real Jstreets (see all)
- New Photo of Arab Girls with Video - February 27, 2015
- Photo of the Day: Israeli Soldiers - February 26, 2015
- Jerusalem Marathon: Nir Barkat’s New Look - February 24, 2015
- Jerusalem Shut Down by That Four Letter Word - February 20, 2015
- MUST WATCH: Marco Rubio Implores Colleagues Not To Boycott Netanyahu Speech - February 17, 2015
For 935 days, the family of Gilad Shalit and their supporters occupied a Jerusalem, Israel street.
It was surprising to hear that the tent that is now located in that spot outside the Prime Minister’s residence was to be removed by order of the Municipality, on Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning.
However, after a Monday visit and apology from Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat,
family members of murdered Israelis were still on the street with signs,
‘Israeli government officials should be embarrassed – only in Israel do murderers go free’
and ‘terrorists go home and terror increases.‘
As this latest release of 26 convicted murders seems destined to go through, will these murderers also receive a heroes welcome and healthy financial package?
What has Israel gotten in return from such ‘painful gestures’ other than more pain?
Has the Palestinian Authority moved one baby-step toward a compromise?
Posters with the victims faces and memorial candles seem of little comfort.